Fox News is a popular American cable television news channel, known for its conservative political commentary and opinion programming.
Launched in 1996, Fox News quickly became one of the most-watched cable news channels in the United States.
However, who currently owns Fox News
Early Years of Fox News
Fox News was founded by Australian-American media mogul Rupert Murdoch.
Murdoch had previously established a successful media empire in Australia and the United Kingdom, and in 1985 he acquired a stake in the American media company 20th Century, Fox.
Murdoch saw an opportunity to create a conservative news channel in the United States and began developing Fox News in the mid-1990s.
Fox News launched on October 7, 1996, and quickly gained a following among conservative viewers.
The channel’s early lineup included popular hosts like Bill O’Reilly, Sean Hannity, and Greta Van Susteren, who helped establish Fox News as a major player in the cable news market.
The Ownership of Fox News Today
Today, Fox News is owned by Fox Corporation, a media company that was formed in 2019 when the original parent company, 21st Century Fox, was sold to Disney. Rupert Murdoch is the founder and chairman of Fox Corporation, but he is no longer involved in the day-to-day operations of the company.
The CEO of Fox Corporation is Lachlan Murdoch, Rupert Murdoch’s son.
Lachlan Murdoch had previously served as the executive chairman of 21st Century Fox before the sale to Disney.
Under Lachlan’s leadership, Fox Corporation has focused on news and sports programming, with Fox News remaining a central part of the company’s portfolio.
Interesting Facts About Fox News
Here are some interesting facts about Fox News that you may not know:
- Fox News has been the most-watched cable news channel in the United States for several years. In 2020, the channel averaged 3.5 million viewers in primetime, more than its competitors CNN and MSNBC combined.
- Fox News is known for its conservative political commentary and opinion programming, but the channel also has a news division that produces straight news reporting. The news division is separate from the opinion programming and is led by veteran journalist Chris Wallace.
- Fox News has been criticized by some for its coverage of the Trump administration and its handling of the 2020 presidential election. However, the channel remains popular among conservative viewers and has a loyal following.
- Fox News has faced several high-profile scandals in recent years, including allegations of sexual harassment by former CEO Roger Ailes and former host Bill O’Reilly. The channel has also been criticized for its coverage of the COVID-19 pandemic and its promotion of conspiracy theories.
- Fox News has expanded its reach beyond cable television in recent years, launching a streaming service called Fox Nation and partnering with other media companies to produce content for platforms like YouTube and Facebook.
Source: Tvmck.com , Follow Us On Google News
We strive for accuracy and fairness in each article
If you see something that doesn’t look right, email us at tvmckinfo @ gmail.com